time ago I walked around for the head to continue the practice Aikido the days that I do not go to the dojo, including weekends, for the better. Could work in any room of my house the basic movements, watch videos and try to get some details to incorporate into my training ... But then, in the classroom or in a room you are pretty limited and if you also want to use the bokken or jo, forget it unless you have a good insurance against breakage of vases, lamps and televisions!
Coincidentally, had a place where I could make do the same space enough to train with the tranquility of not breaking anything. However, doing ukemi on the tiles did not make me very much, truth. Then, encouraged by my brother, who also Aikido, we started to search for prices of tatami.
I thought to fill an area of \u200b\u200b30 m2, which is what we finally decided it would not be very expensive, because we would need 15 sheets of mat 2m x 1m. And that's where we went wrong: the mat is very expensive business. I put the prices I found online in stores: Daimyo
I thought to fill an area of \u200b\u200b30 m2, which is what we finally decided it would not be very expensive, because we would need 15 sheets of mat 2m x 1m. And that's where we went wrong: the mat is very expensive business. I put the prices I found online in stores: Daimyo
: Iron unlined 1x2m 4cm thick (excluding VAT and postage): 50 € / ud
Kinele: Same price : 50 € / ud
Tagoya: Iron lined slip 1x2m 4cm thickness: 122 € / ud .
Elksport: Iron lined slip 1x2m 4cm thickness: 126 € / ud .
Go! At the very least would have to spend to 30 m2:
- No cover: some € 750 + VAT + shipping.
- Lined: about € 1,800 + shipping (do not remember if they have VAT or not).
Then, start looking for alternatives to the tatami internet. The characteristics that have to have are:
For Arts Martial those activities usually falls, as is the case of Aikido, we recommend: 4 cm thick and a density of about 200 kg/m3 .
> And luckily, we find: sheets of COPOPREN. Are used for sound insulation in construction and are usually sold in sizes from 1m x 2m, like the tatami! The way they look is this:
Well, before continuing, I want to clarify that at no time had the idea to do a post on how to mount a tatami home, but my teammate Javier has been encouraging me repeatedly to do so and, Once located, improved and placed all the photos, I agreed to it and here I am sharing with you. That is why the quality of the pictures is not very good (I made with a cellphone), just wanted to take them as souvenirs. So I apologize for the quality of them, but you can see all that well explained. Let
therefore start to work.
1. Have a local , room or space for that purpose. There must be no "other world." In fact, we delimit the area with shelves. If shelves! You can see in the picture
As observe, the right wall is a shelf, and the left is another, but with wooden planks. Well here is where we will put our future dojo. For you to have a better view of the shelf, I put another picture:
2. Syndicate in that space copopren plates, in this case are 30 (first 15 and then over them, the other 15):
We fill all the land:
And, once completed, we already have 30 m2 of tatami home where we can do some things like ukemi, suburis, etc:
But copopren physical characteristics, we can not slip or make freely proper motions of Aikido, and Tai Sabaki, Tenkan, etc., then slow down our feet at all times. The sensation is as if we were on a huge sponge bath. In addition, the look is a bit ... ugly, no? What then?
For that I leave for the next installment. Or is it that we thought you was going to tell you all now?
For that I leave for the next installment. Or is it that we thought you was going to tell you all now?
0 comments:
Post a Comment