Accenture - Málaga
On March 4th I traveled to Manchester, along with the manager Soltel , Julio Perez. More specifically, we were in the Technological Park of Andalusia. We were in Sequel ... There will be time to talk about it. In this post I talk about my meeting with Pedro García Navarro, responsible for implementing processes and CMMI certification of Accenture. Pedro
received us very kindly, and showed us the facilities of Delivery Center, home to about six hundred workers. I was especially struck by the CPD, where they had all kinds of servers to emulate any environment (IBM, Sun ...).
After we were talking about the CMMI certification. They are level 5, which is not easy to achieve. Carlos had combined some agile tools, techniques heavier. There will be an upcoming article that front heavy with agile techniques.
Pedro Garcia knew that he had designed the indicators of maturity of all Accenture centers in the world, and since I was developing the plan of maturation Development Team Soltel for Enterprise Strategic Plan, I asked him to converse about it, and drew some conclusions:
1. What matters are the processes, tools above. If you can use some automated tool, icing on the cake. For example, and simplifying, it is important to test the software. You can make programming unit tests with JUnit or TestNG, but it is essential to do, even manually.
2. It is good to sort the indicators and measures to improve these indicators, levels, both individually and in terms "team" community "and they are known to developers, so they know what level they are and should make it better.
3. During 2009 will change the process of ISO-9001 Quality Aenor Soltel to adapt to our new way of working. Our new way of working we should lead to producing quality and with little deviation in the projects. The processes should be the vehicle to the quality of software, not towards the "stamp in" Aenor only.
4. We are on track, and soon we will get great results. This was the same feeling I got when I spoke to Manuel Pray (as well as receive other good tips to put into practice).
0 comments:
Post a Comment